Monday, May 14, 2012

Sunday

somehow, between the difference of dates of mother's day in mexico and the u.s. and not having power OR gas, we forgot to celebrate mother's day. but i guess we could pretend our going to breakfast yesterday was because of the holiday. after a semi-breakdown from not having either gas or power (which meant nothing for breakfast other than cold cereal, and there was very little milk) i cried, "uncle!" and we went out to a great little cafe down the street. 


in the afternoon was a birthday party for our good friend seth. we swam and ate and caught up with friends, a lovely way to spend a warm and sunny afternoon. 


mother's day in mexico is always may 10th. so on thursday when eric came to pick is and me up from swim class, sitting on the front seat was a rose and 4 krispy kreme donuts, all for me! he knows me so well. and then he took me to some of my favorite stores to find a dress to help me beat the heat. it is very kind of him to help izzy celebrate the holiday. here are some photos from last year, my first year as a mother. a happy mother's day indeed.





No comments:

Post a Comment